Charge and Composition
The MTSU Enterprise Compliance and Risk Management Committee (ECRC or Committee) will promote the University's community standards of honesty and integrity, while fostering a culture of ethics, accountability, and risk identification and mitigation. The ECRC also will work to support the progress and continued success of MTSU by contributing to the design and implementation of an enterprise Compliance Plan that: (1) assists the University in preventing fraud, waste, and abuse of institutional assets; (2) considers innovative solutions to workplace risks, risk controls, and risk management; and (3) encourages organizational participation in enterprise compliance activities. Finally, the Committee will serve as an additional support and resource to the MTSU community regarding regulatory reporting and risk management best practices consistent with the requirements of the State of Tennessee's Division of Finance and Administration. The ECRC's establishment is recommended pursuant to the United States Sentencing Commission's Guidelines for organizations regarding the seven (7) elements of an effective corporate compliance program (U.S. Sentencing Comm'n, Guidelines § 8B2.1).
The Enterprise Compliance and Risk Management Committee should be composed of:
- one faculty representative from both the undergraduate and graduate colleges;
- one attorney representative from the Office of University Counsel;
- one administrator representative from the Office of Research Services;
- one administrator representative from Student Services;
- one administrator representative from the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance;
- one administrator representative from both Academic Affairs and International Student Affairs;
- one administrator representative from Human Resources;
- one administrator representative from the Information Technology Division;
- one representative from Athletics;
- one administrator representative from both Facilities and Campus Planning;
- one administrator representative of Business and Finance;
- one officer or administrator representative from the University Police; and
- a representative from the Office of Audit and Consulting Services.
The chair of the ECRC shall be the Assistant Vice-President for Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management. The Committee shall maintain meeting minutes and other documentation, as necessary. The Committee shall meet at least twice annually. A schedule of meeting dates also will be posted on the Office of Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management's webpage.