Higher Education Updates
The following are regulatory, operational, financial aid, and other updates regarding higher education. Additional updates will be provided as they occur and are for the benefit of MTSU's faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as MTSU's community constituents.
- National Science Foundation, News Release 18-082, NSF announces new measures to protect research community from harassment (Sept. 19, 2018).
- United States Department of Education, Department of Education Proposes Rescission of Gainful Employment Regulation, Proposed Rules, 83 FR 40167, No. 157 (Aug. 14, 2018).
- Executive Order 11246 § 204(c), Religious Exemption (Sept. 24, 1965), as amended, 13798 (May 4, 2017), 13831 (May 3, 2018); Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, DIR 2018-03 (Aug. 10, 2018).
- United States Department of Homeland Security, Policy Memorandum: Accrual of Unlawful Presence and F, J, and M Nonimmigrants, PM-602-1060.1 (Aug. 9, 2018); INA 212(a)(9)(B) and 212(a)(9)(C).
- Scott Jaschik, Falsification of Data at Temple University: A Culture Focused on Rankings, Inside Higher Ed. (July 30, 2018).
- Andrew Kreighbaum, FAFSA for Your Phone, Inside Higher Ed (July 24, 2018).
- Scott Jaschik, Indictment Alleges Bribery in Admissions at Penn, Inside Higher Ed (July 23, 2018.
- U.S. Department of Education, Updates to Department of Education and Department of Justice Guidance on Title VI (Bulletin on Withdrawal of Prior DOE/DOJ Guidances) (July 3, 2018).
- Department of Transportation, "Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects: Six Month Delay of the General Compliance Provisions...", 49 CFR Part 11 (June 19, 2018).
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Unlawful Presence F, J, and M nonimmigrants (May 10, 2018).
- U.S. Department of Labor, Wage, and Hour Division, Fact Sheet # 17S: Higher Education Institutions and Overtime Pay Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (Mar. 2018).
- Research Services. Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects: Delay of the Revisions to the Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects, 83 FR 2885, et seq. (Jan. 22, 2018).
- Gainful Employment 2018 Disclosure Template.
- Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Work-Study, and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Programs; 2018-2019 Award Year Deadline Dates (Jan. 3, 2018).
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division, Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act (Jan. 2018).