Objectives for Electrical Construction Management
- Understand construction methods, materials, codes, specifications and plan reading
as they apply to construction projects.
- Be able to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize a design business plan using knowledge
gained form both technical and administrative construction courses.
- Be able to identify and solve problems using construction software in CAD, Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, estimating, Project Management.
- Be able to use a set of drawings to estimate and schedule a project applying information
from the detailed drawings.
- Develop, produce, and present a proposal as a potential subcontractor for the mechanical
part (electrical and HVAC) of a building structure to a board of mechanical and electrical
- Understand the ethical, professional, and social responsibilities of a construction
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and precisely while conducting construction
business as an individual or as part of a team.
- Learn about teamwork and leadership skills to seek and share knowledge and perform
tasks creatively and effectively.
- Be able to visualize the final product before the conceptual plan is developed.
- Be able to gather, analyze, synthesize, and apply research to effectively become a
productive member of the construction industry.