Admission to Teacher Education Program (ATE)
Students who wish to prepare themselves for careers as teachers must make formal application for admission to the Teacher Education Program.
The requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program will differ depending on your program. Please be sure to follow the requirements that apply to you in the correct section below.
If you are unsure of which requirements you need to follow, please check with your academic advisor.
Elementary Ed, Middle Grades and Special Education Majors
- In order to obtain full admission to the program, you must complete all requirements for admission.
- There is currently no submission deadline for secondary application.
- Click here to view Admission Requirements
Job Embedded Clinical Practice
Candidates applying for the Practitioner license job-embedded path must meet the following requirements:
- GPA: Minimum GPA of 2.75 on all coursework attempted / OR 3.00+ on the last 60 hours attempted.
- Reference forms: Two reference forms specifically recommending admission to teacher education (MTSU rating form). (Download Form Below)
- Test Score: Acceptable test scores on one of the following:
Note: Job-Embedded applicants must apply and be accepted as either a non-degree seeking student in the Alternative I & II Licensure Program, or as a graduate student seeking a master’s degree before applying for Admission to Teacher Education Program.
Apply for Admission to Teacher Education Program (ATE)
Note: Undergraduate Students will not be able to register for or obtain permits for any upper division classes until they are fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program. A Pre-Req/Test code error will be given during registration to those who have not been fully admitted.
ATE Forms & Documents
- Read the Current Issue of Aspire, the COE Magazine