Dr. Laura White
- Ph.D., SUNY Center, Binghamton (2009)
- M.A., University of Delaware (1999)
- B.A., University of Scranton, PA (1995)
Areas of Expertise
- Postcolonial literature and theory
- Ecocritical approaches to Colonial and Postcolonial fiction
Dr. Laura White teaches courses in contemporary Anglophone literature (African, Australian, Caribbean and South Asian literature), postcolonial theory, and ecocriticism. Her current research project focuses on haunted landscapes in African, Australian, and Caribbean novels. She is also interested in gender and sexuality studies and feminist environmentalism, and she teaches courses on these topics for MTSU's Women's and Gender Studies Program.