The Forensic Institute for Research and Education and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner have partnered to offer “Bats, Clubs, Knives, and a Murder...or Not.” This free training for medical examiners, death investigators, and law enforcement will be offered in six different regions across the state from November 2017- May 2018. The first training is scheduled at Paris Landing State Park on November 8-9, followed by a class at Fall Creek Falls State Park on December 7-8. Additional classes will be offered at Pickwick Landing State Park, Montgomery Bell State Park, McMinn County, and Cove Lake State Park. The training is approved for 16 hours POST and EMS and 14 hours of ABMDI credits. Participants must commit to attending the entire two-day training. Seating is limited!
- To register for Paris Landing State Park (November 8-9, 2017), click here.
- To register for Fall Creek Falls State Park (December 7-8, 2017), click here.
- To register for Pickwick Landing State Park (January 10-11, 2018), click here.
- To register for Montgomery Bell State Park (March 12-13, 2018), click here.
- To register for McMinn County (April 19-20, 2018), click here.
- To register for Cove Lake State Park (May 2-3, 2018), click here.