Case Categories: Mail
- American School of Magnetic Healing v. McAnnulty (1902)
American School of Magnetic Healing v. McAnnulty (1902), is a Supreme Court case that set a precedent furthering freedom of speech and the press by limiting the...
- Blount v. Rizzi (1971)
In Blount v. Rizzi (1971), the Supreme Court nullified provisions allowing the postmaster general to refuse to mail obscene matter. The ruling said the First...
- Bolger v. Youngs Drug Products Corp. (1983)
In Bolger v. Youngs Drug Products Corp. (1983), the Supreme Court declared unconstitutional a rule against mailing unsolicited contraceptive ads. The Court...
- Donaldson v. Read Magazine (1948)
In Donaldson v. Read Magazine (1948), the Supreme Court ruled that the First Amendment does not protect ordinary crime — that the postmaster general may deny...
- Ex parte Jackson (1877)
In Ex parte Jackson (1877), the Supreme Court said Congress did not violate the free-speech clause of the First Amendment by closing the postal system to...
- Grimm v. United States (1895)
- Hannegan v. Esquire (1946)
In this case, the Supreme Court overturned a decision by the postmaster general revoking the second-class-mail permit that his department had issued to Esquire...
- Hartman v. Moore (2006)
- In re Rapier (1892)
- Leach v. Carlile (1922)
- Lewis Publishing Company v. Morgan (1913)
- Masses Publishing Co. v. Patten (S.D.N.Y) (1917)
- Rowan v. U.S. Post Office Department (1970)
- Swearingen v. United States (1896)
- United States ex rel. Milwaukee Social Democratic Publishing Co. v. Burleson (1921)
- United States Postal Service v. Greenburgh Civic Associations (1981)