Case Categories: Parochial Schools
- Agostini v. Felton (1997)
In Agostini v. Felton (1997), the Supreme Court ruled that New York did not violate the First Amendment's establishment clause by administering a federally...
- Aguilar v. Felton (1985)
Aguilar v. Felton was a 1985 Supreme Court case in which the justices held that New York City had violated the establishment clause of the First Amendment by...
- Board of Education v. Allen (1968)
The Supreme Court in Board of Education v. Allen (1968) upheld a New York law allowing loans of secular textbooks to all schoolchildren, including in parochial...
- Cochran v. Board of Education (1930)
The Supreme Court in 1930 adopted the child benefit theory to uphold a Louisiana law allowing the state to give textbooks to students in parochial schools....
- Committee for Public Education and Religious Liberty v. Regan (1980)
- Everson v. Board of Education (1947)
In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), the Supreme Court said New Jersey's spending tax funds to bus children to religious schools did not breach the church-...
- Grand Rapids School District v. Ball (1985)
- Lemon v. Kurtzman (1971) (1971)
- Lemon v. Kurtzman (1973) (1973 )
- Levitt v. Committee for Public Education and Religious Liberty (1973)
- Locke v. Davey (2004 )
- Meek v. Pittenger (1975)
- Mitchell v. Helms (2000)
- New York v. Cathedral Academy (1977)
- Norwood v. Hamilton (1973 )
- Pierce v. Society of Sisters (1925 )
- Sloan v. Lemon (1973 )
- Trinity Lutheran Church of Columbia, Inc. v. Comer (2017)
- Witters v. Washington Department of Services for the Blind (1986 )
- Wolman v. Walter (1977)
- Zobrest v. Catalina Foothills School District (1993)