All international students are encouraged to submit their application as early as
possible to provide enough time for the additional governmental processing of immigration
documents and issuance of VISA or other scholarship-related applications.
- Fall: June 1 of same year
- Spring: October 1 of previous year
- Summer: March 1 of same year (Only for students already in the United States)
** Department might have different deadlines
** Students applying for Conditional Admissions should click here for detailed information.
NOTE: The university will not consider incomplete applications. All required documents
must be submitted for consideration. Application may take up to one month to process.
Postal Service Delivery Address
College of Graduate Studies
MTSU BOX 42
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
College of Graduate Studies
Middle Tennessee State University
2269 Middle Tennessee Blvd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37132 USA
Attn: Graduate Student Admission
- Non-refundable fee of $35
- Application is valid for one year
Please submit the official scores from one of the following:
- TOEFL:- computer-based minimum score 195, paper-based minimum score 525, IBT minimum
score 71 (We ONLY accept ETS official test scores for the TOEFL); TEST CODE for MTSU is 1466
- IELTS- overall score of 6
- UMELI- minimum score 85
- ELS Level 112 Certificate of Completion
- Please see below for more information
See information under specific program to determine which test is required for your desired program
- Graduate Records Examination (GRE) - TEST CODE is 1466
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - TEST CODE is 1751
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- ACTG - 6ZR-KJ-63
- INFS - 6ZR-KJ-37
- Management and MBA (Full-time) - 6ZR-KJ-25
- Management and MBA (Part-time) - 6ZR-KJ-52
- GPA requirement for unconditional admission
- minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- minimum graduate GPA of 3.00
** Departments might have different GPA requirements
- Submit all college/university official transcripts
- For non-U.S. transcripts, please submit an evaluated transcript from a NACES evaluation service.
6. ADDITIONAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
** Please check your program for additional requirements such as recommendation letters, additional test scores,
7. INFORMATION FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
**Only for students who have been fully admitted
International students who have been admitted to MTSU must submit the following documents
- Certificate of Insurance (See below for more information)
- Photocopies of entire I-20 (if transferring from within the U.S.), I-94, Passport
and VISA booklet.
- The College of Graduate Studies will only correspond with the applicant directly either
by written mailed letter, email or phone calls. We welcome inquiries from family and
friends, but will only give out general information about the applicant's status.
- All acceptance letters and additional documents will be sent directly to the applicant.
Students who have changed addresses, semester of entry, or have additional questions
or requests, must submit all requests in writing in a timely manner.
- Application materials should be typed or printed neatly with all areas that pertain
to the individual completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed. You must
submit a permanent overseas home address for our immigration records.
- Applying online is the fastest way to begin your admission process at MTSU. A credit
card (Mastercard or Visa) is required for payment of application fee. If you require
a paper application, please submit a $35 non-refundable check or money order with
- Graduate students submitting provisional certificates will have one semester from
the issuance date to have their school submit to The College of Graduate Studies the
- A letter of admission or denial will be forwarded to you by the College of Graduate
Studies once a decision has been made. This process can take from four to six weeks to be completed. Therefore, early completion of your file is to your benefit.
- Your I-20 immigration document cannot be issued until your admission is complete.
Therefore, make sure that you complete your admission packet with enough time for
making all plans to attend the semester indicated on your application.
- A credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required for payment of application fee.
- For paper application, a $35 non-refundable check with routing numbers or a money
order drawn on a United States bank must be mailed with the application.
PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
- Submit official scores only
- NOT REQUIRED IF
- English is the native language of the country of citizenship
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. accredited 4 year college or university
- Applicant has taken two semesters of college-level English composition receiving a
grade of "C"; or better in each class, which must be confirmed with an official transcript
from an accredited United States college or university.
- DEVELOPMENTAL ENGLISH CLASSES ARE NOT CONSIDERED
APPROPRIATE TEST SCORE
- GRE, GMAT or MAT: Official test scores must be sent directly from the testing center
to the College of Graduate Studies at MTSU. Applicant may submit a photocopy of test
scores for verification purposes only.
- Required minimum scores depend on the department's requirement. Please check your
department for more information.
- To determine whether you are required to submit GRE, GMAT or MAT scores, please refer
to the Graduate Catalog or the Admission Requirements section of your desired program. Information for Degree Programs
- The College of Graduate Studies offers GRE and GMAT Workshops throughout the year.
Please check this page for more information.
- All transcripts from each school you have attended must be sent from that school directly
to a NACES accredited evaluation service. Please see http://www.naces.org/ to find a service provider.
- Photocopies cannot be accepted. It is required that you have a commercial evaluation
service to translate and evaluate the transcripts. The evaluation service must send
the report directly to The College of Graduate Studies office.
- In some extreme cases, transcripts that are in sealed envelopes with the institution's
stamp or affixed seal can be submitted from the student directly, but they are subject
to a case-by-case review.
TRANSFER VERIFICATION FORM
Transfer Verification Form: If you are transferring from a university within the United
States to MTSU, this form is required. The Designated School Official at your university
must complete Section II of the Transfer Verification form and mail it directly back
to the International Programs and Services Office.
- All F1 and J1 visa holders are required to show proof of insurance showing up to $10,000
medical evacuation expenses being covered as well as up to $10,000 repatriation expenses
- Insurance coverage for students and their dependents is available through International Student Protection.
Back to top
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STAFF
Graduate students are encouraged to contact their Graduate Program Director or Advisor
with respect to any academic aspect of their graduate program. For any other questions,
please contact the College of Graduate Studies at
(615) 898-2840 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Isaac Taylor
- International Graduate Analyst
- (615) 494-7869
Graduate Student Immigration Specialist
- Graduate Analysts answer questions regarding
- admission requirements,
- timetable for filing degree plans,
- advancement to candidacy forms,
- intent to graduate forms,
- general questions regarding theses or dissertations, etc.
Student walk-in advising hours:
- Monday 1:30-3:30
- Tuesday 1:30-3:30
- Wednesday 9:00-11:00
- Thursday 9:00-11:00
- Or by appointment