Student Achievements & Recognition
Child Development and Family Studies
- Three Family & Consumer Sciences students received the 2012 Outstanding Student Teachers in the College of Education awards. They are Jamie Tutor, Alyce Scrivner and Travoski Smith
- Jennifer Austin, a Child Development & Family Studies senior, in conjunction with Universities Fighting
World Hunger spearheaded a project called "Feed a Child, Feed a Dream" in the fall
if 2011. She collected $1320 in a spare change drive and donated the proceeds to the
Murfreesboro City and Wilson County School Back Pack Program.
Click here to view a video of Jennifer explaining the project with Mr. Greg Lyles of Murfreesboro City Schools.
- Jennifer Austin was recognized as a "True Blue" student by Dr. Danny Kelley.
- Kristina Nollner, a FCS-CDFS student, interned at the Exchange Club Family Center Parent Education. Click to see her with MTE.
- Charlotte Smith, current President of the MTSU AAFCS/PGS Student Organization & FCSE student, was awarded a grant to attend the 2011 Family Economics & Financial Education National June Educator Training, "Empowering Future Generations".
- Emily Duck, a FCS-FCSE student, was nominated to as one of MTSU's "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges", 2011 edition
- Oaklands Historic Museum "Oktoberfest 2015" table centerpiece displays.
ASID/IDES STUDENT ORGANIZATION EVENTS
2014 Etiquette Seminar Masquerade
- 2015 Lecture Series with AnnMarie Jackson and Teresa Tillman
- 2014 Lecture Series with Amanda Farris-Gilliland and Dwight LeClair
- 2012 Lecture Series with Deaderia Morris
- 2011 Lecture Series with Dr. Lisa Tucker
IDES STUDENT SHOWCASE
Lauren Miller, a current IDES major, won the Undergraduate Poster Presentation at the 2011 AAFCS conference. Her poster presentation was "Designing a Quality Lighting Atmosphere".
- Lauren Miller was also nominated as one of MTSU's "Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges", 2012 edition.
- Vanderbilt-MTSU-Habitat-Nashville team will compete in the Solar Decathlon. The team's conceptual design – Harmony House – forges a connection between Southern living and modern green technologies
Nutrition and Food Science
- Academy of Food and Dietetics 2017 Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo in Chicago.
- "Green Veggies and Yams" NFS graduates Rodriguez and Visocky
- NFS & FCSE students and faculty tour Gaylord's Opryland Resot and Convention Center.
- 2017 NFS Dietetics Graduating Seniors
- 2016 National Nutrition Month Savor the Flavor of Eating Right poster presentationsNFS Poster Presenations at the TN Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (TAND) Annual Meeting 2016
- Nausheen Qureshi attended the (NCHC) National Collegiate Honors College Annual Conference in November 2015
- NDA Chili Cook-Off at Homecoming 2015
Textiles, Merchandising and Design
- TXMD students were invited to tour The Coast Show in Nashville.
- Katie Fowler, a Senior in the Textiles, Merchandising & Design program, had her handmade books "Stitches" on display in the MTSU Walker Library during the "Artists' Books:Student Works from the MTSU Book Arts Program" exhibit. Click to view a picture and read the DNJ article about the event
- Ashley Adkins, a current TXMD major, was published on BurdaStyle.com helping to celebrate SINGER's 160th anniversary. Click here to see the article posted on her story.
- Margaret May, a TXMD Senior, had two designs featured on the fashion show runway at the 2011 International Dallas Career Day. Click to see the designs.
Department of Human Sciences
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 East Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Ellington Human Sciences 100
Department Chair: Deborah Belcher
Telephone: (615) 898-2884
Fax: (615) 898-5130
Office Hours: 8:00-4:30
- Interior Design Entrance Packet
- IDES Application - DUE APRIL 1st
- Textiles, Merchandising, & Design Packet
- TXMD Application - DUE March 1st & October 1st
- Human Sciences Study Tours Credit Card Payments
Use your Pipeline username and password for log in.