Ignite Your Career with Professional Development
IGNITE is a professional development program designed to increase awareness of career preparation issues, develop knowledge and skills to navigate the process of landing a professional entry level job, and instill confidence to compete for jobs in your chosen field.
All Jones College of Business majors (ACTG, BUAD, BUED, CIS, ECON, ENTR, FIN, MGMT, MKTG) are eligible to receive all benefits of taking part in the program. All students are welcome to attend IGNITE events unless noted otherwise but only College of Business majors are recognized for completing the program.
- How does IGNITE work?
- How do I begin my IGNITE career?
- IGNITE Event Schedule for Fall 2017
- Earning IGNITE Points
Attend any IGNITE events that would be beneficial to you or that spark your interest. To earn a certificate of completion, eligible students will:
- Earn at least 100 points through designated events and activities.
- Complete at least one activity in each category (Workshops, Career Development, Business Engagement, and Leadership & Involvement).
- Participate in IGNITE for a minimum of two semesters.
- Submit a reflective report during your graduating semester of your experiences in IGNITE (due October 31 for December graduates or March 31 for May and August graduates).
Sign up for IGNITE in the Department of Management office (BAS N121) or contact:
Dr. Jill Austin in BAS N121 Ms. Jean Wilson in BAS N140
Ms. Laura Buckner in BAS N431 Dr. Don Roy in BAS N429
Dr. Randy Clark in BAS N145 Dr. Raj Srivastava in BAS N147
Dr. Daniel Morrell in BAS N134
IGNITE Event Schedule and Opportunities for Career Development
Spring 2017 IGNITE Event Schedule
Please note: The IGNITE event scheduled for 2/16/17 has been cancelled.
Earning IGNITE Certificate Points
The categories and a sampling of events with their point values are listed below.
(10 points each*)
|Career Development||Business Engagement||Leadership & Involvement|