Post Masters Certification Programs
The Post Master's graduate certificate is a degree level that is intermediate between the Master's degree and the doctorate. It provides students with the graduate didactic and clinical requirements necessary to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is offered by Middle Tennessee State University.
The program is designed to offer didactic/theory courses online through the universities and to coordinate clinical study in each student's home area when possible. The partnership model allows the universities to share their most valuable resources to enrich program offerings. Classes are taught by faculty from all of the universities. Faculty members are recognized experts in their content area, regardless of institution of employment.
The Master of Science in Nursing program is fully accredited through fall 2019 by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
Priority deadlines for admission are:
- October 1 - Spring admission
- February 1 - Summer admission
- April 1 - Fall admission
Who Should Apply?
The Post Master's FNP Certificate is a formal study program designed to provide individuals who already hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree or a Master of Science in a field of nursing with the core courses and clinical experiences necessary for national exam eligibility.
** Upon review of the student’s MSN transcript, additional courses may be required as pre-requisites prior to starting the certificate coursework**
FNP Specialty Core: 17 credit hours
- NURS 6601 - FNP I - Women's Health - 3 credit hours
- NURS 6602 - FNP I - Women's Health Clinical - 2 credit hours
- NURS 6603 - FNP II - Adult Health - 3 credit hours
- NURS 6604 - FNP II - Adult Health Clinical - 4 credit hours
- NURS 6605 - FNP III - Pediatrics - 3 credit hours
- NURS 6606 - FNP III - Pediatric Clinical - 2 credit hours
FNP Practicum: 4 credit hours
- NURS 6609 - FNP Practicum - 4 credit hours
Total Practice Contact Hours = 720
- NURS 6602 = 120 contact hours
- NURS 6604 = 240 contact hours
- NURS 6606 = 120 contact hours
- NURS 6609 = 240 contact hours