Computer Science, B.S., Professional Computer Science Concentration
MTSU's Computer Science Department offers a Bachelor of Science degree with two options, the professional concentration program, accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org, and the business applications concentration (not accredited). These programs include a common core of 30 computer science hours plus 15 mathematics hours. They require different upper division computer science courses. The professional concentration program also requires more science and mathematics courses, while the business applications emphasis requires additional business courses. In the spirit of sharing information related to the program's performance with the public, the following data is provided.
Time to Degree
- Total Credit Hours Required for Degree: 120
- Total Time to Graduate (14-16 Credit Hours Each Term): 8 Semesters or 4 years (if
attending only fall and spring terms)
- *The time to graduation is for students beginning the program with no prior college credit.
- Awards and Scholarships
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student Chapter
- WCS (Women in Computer Science)
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon (UPE)