The department has a few monetary awards for outstanding students. These awards are given only once each year and are competitive. The awards and their approximate value are as follows:
Robert E. Prytula Memorial Scholarship
The Prytula Scholarship, in the amount of $500, will be awarded each Spring. Applications will be made available in the main Psychology Office located in Jones Hall 103. For application information, please contact Dr. Monica Wallace at Monica.Wallace@mtsu.edu.
Larry Morris Outstanding Senior in Psychology Award
The Larry Morris Outstanding award will be awarded each Spring. For application information, please contact Dr. Rick Moffett at Rick.Moffett@mtsu.edu.
- An overall GPA of 3.75 or higher is required. Attach a copy of your transcript
- A vitae or resume, including personal data, educational experiences and achievements, research activities, previous awards/honors, publications or presentations, and so on. Be sure to include all evidence of academic, public service, and/or research excellence
James O. Rust School Psychology Endowed Scholarship
The James O. Rust Scholarship, in the amount of $1000, will be awarded annually beginning in the year 2004. This award will be given to a student nearing the end of the first year of study in the school psychology graduate program. For application information, please contact Dr. James O. Rust at James.Rust@mtsu.edu.
- Minimum graduate GPA 3.5, commitment to the field of school psychology, high level of responsibility, ethicality, professional attitude and skills, excellent performance in courses, and positive interactions with other students, faculty, and professionals in the field.
- In addition to the monetary amount, the student will be asked to help with community liaison. If the student were willing, this would consist of a minimum of 10 hours of phone contact with school psychology alumni over the course of the academic year of the award, to aid in keeping alumni apprised of events in the program and to help in soliciting contributions to the scholarship fund.
(application deadline is the last day of February each year)
- This scholarship is for College of Behavioral and Health Sciences majors with thirty (30) hours or less of coursework needed for graduation. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA and the recommendation of their major department chair.
- For more information and application, please contact your major department chair.