- Adopted protocols shall be reviewed at the first organizational meeting each year for reaffirmation, modification, or cancellation.
- At the first organizational meeting of the academic year, the vice-chair of the previous year shall assume the position of committee chair. The committee shall select a vice-chair and a secretary for the year. The chair and vice-chair shall be on the committee as faculty. The secretary may be either a faculty or staff member serving on the committee.
- The vice-chair shall serve as chair in the event the chair is unable to attend. The vice-chair shall also move into the position of committee chair in the next academic year. If the vice-chair is unable to serve as chair during the next year, a new chair shall be elected at the first organizational meeting of the year. The new chair shall be on the committee as faculty.
- At the first organizational meeting, the committee shall approve a meeting calendar for the academic year. Other meetings may be held if necessary.
- The committee shall be governed by the latest edition of Robert’s Rules of Order. Any rule may be suspended by a consensus of the majority member present to that meeting only. The votes of student members will be counted, but their presence will not contribute to the quorum. Ex officio members will not vote.
- Proposals will be submitted through Curriculog where committee members will be able to access and view them. If a proposal has not reached the committee 14 days before a meeting, the proposal may be discussed but will not be acted upon until the next meeting.
- Five (5) days prior to the next scheduled meeting, the chairperson will send an agenda noting existing proposals in Curriculog to be reviewed. The meeting agenda and relevant proposals will further be posted on the Admissions and Standards website at least 5 days before a meeting. No proposal will be voted on if it has not been posted for 5 days before a meeting. Committee members are encouraged to disseminate the committee’s website address to all faculty members within their respective colleges.
Amended and adopted by the MTSU Undergraduate Admissions and Standards Committee on Monday, October 30, 2023.