MTSU Civic Engagement Resources
American Democracy Project Film and Book Resources
- A Conversation on the Constitution: Judicial Independence, a 32-minute video taped in 2006, featuring Supreme Court Justices Anthony Kennedy, Sandra Day O'Connor and Stephen Breyer discussing judicial independence with high school students.
- Our Constitution: A Conversation, a 30-minute video taped in 2005, featuring Justices Sandra Day O'Connor and Stephen Breyer discussing why we need a Constitution with high school students.
- Key Constitutional Concepts, a compilation of three 20-minute videos that examine the origins of the Constitution, individual rights, and separation of powers.
MTSU Programs with a Civic Engagement Component
- EXL: Experiential Learning Scholars Program
- Learn more about Dr. Jackie Gilbert's work with EXL students:
- SENCER: Science Education for New Civic Engagements and Responsibilities
- Political Science Department
- Albert Gore Research Center at MTSU
- Center for Historic Preservation at MTSU
- BRAVO: Blue Raiders American Veterans Organization
- Center for Student Involvement and Leadership
- MTSU Recycles!
- MT Engage
- Blue Raider Debate
Please contact us if you have an online resource to add to our list.