Beware of Fraudulent Positions
It should be no surprise that not everything on the Internet is legitimate. There are criminals looking to scam innocent people. Please review the following resources so you can make wise decisions:
- Protecting Yourself from Fraudulent Job Postings - by the MTSU Career Development Center
- How to Identify a Shady Internship - by InternshipPrograms.com
- Lightning CareerLink is the recruiting software platform specifically for supervised internship/co-op positions that prepare students for professional career-related fields.
- CareerShift can assist in locating interships through its aggregated job board. More importantly, you can research organizations on a variety of criteria including, industry and geographic area. Contact information, including email addresses, is useful in targeting employers for internships.
- GoinGlobal is accessible by logging into Lightning CareerLink and clicking on the GoinGlobal logo on the home page. Search internship opportunities in the United States and countries around the world.
- Academic Departments - the home page of the MTSU Internship Advantage Program has a listing of academic departments offering internship credit. Some of these programs maintain lists of employers and/or opportunities.
- Indeed.com - is a job aggregator that uses algorithms to search for jobs on thousands of websites. Please see their Terms of Service.
- Inroads.org - has a mission to develop and place talented underserved youth in business and industry, and prepare them for corporate and community leadership. Please see their Terms of Service.
- InternshipNashville - is a list of employers in the Nashville region that offer internships. The website is operated by the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Internships.com - is a website owned by Chegg, Inc. Please see their Terms of Service.
- InternshipPrograms.com - is a website operated by Universum Communications, Inc. Please see their Terms of Service.
- SimplyHired.com - is a job aggregator that uses algorithms to search for jobs on thousands of websites. Please see their Terms of Service.