Job / Internship Search Resources
The #1 way for college students to search for jobs and internships. MTSU proudly started collaborating with Handshake in 2020 to provide MTSU students and alumni with 1000+ opportunities in job searches and events hosted by companies locally and nationally.
Short Video Presentations:
Quick Look at Handshake for Students:
The CareerShift search tool returns results from every career site and job board. Save and organize relevant jobs that meet your search criteria, whether you search by job title, company name, keywords, or location. You can also get up-to-date contact information, including email addresses, for millions of companies; access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs; and record, save and store your correspondence history records automatically. View our tip sheets below for more information!
Short Video Presentation:
The Career Development Center Team is excited to bring the Big Interview platform to the MTSU campus community. Big Interview is an online interviewing preparation platform that combines training and practice to help improve skills and build confidence.
Inside Big Interview, you'll find the following:
Challenging virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and multiple industries
A database of thousands of interview questions with tips for answers
The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
Additional content for job searching and making a successful transition to a new job
How to Navigate Big Interview:
Steps for Students
- Create a free account with your MTSU mail address: https://mtsu.biginterview.com/
- Check out an overview of the platform with these short videos:
- For using and sharing the mock interview portion, make sure you have the best setup:
- To submit your assignment:
Steps for Faculty or Advisors
- In order to use the platform for an assignment, contact the Career Development Center at:
- After you have been given an admin account, log in at:
- Steps for creating an assignment:
- Steps to give students for completing an assignment:
Support Site with FAQ