Services and Resources
Our services are available for all MTSU Students and Alumni. Although on-campus services are currently unavailable, this comprehensive list of services can provide you with the resources you need to be Raider Ready! Check it out:
Online Tools for Job Searching
The #1 way for college students to search for jobs and internships. MTSU proudly started collaborating with Handshake in 2020 to provide MTSU students and alumni with 1000+ opportunities in job searches and events hosted by companies locally and nationally.
Via Handshake, MTSU students and alumni can:
- Create attractive, professional profiles
- Attend virtual events hosted by employers and MTSU
- Get recruited for the jobs that meet your skill sets
Quick Look at Handshake for Students:
The CareerShift search tool returns results from every career site and job board. Save and organize
relevant jobs that meet your search criteria, whether you search by job title, company
name, keywords, or location. You can also get up-to-date contact information, including email addresses, for millions of companies; access in-depth information about contacts and companies posting jobs; and record, save and store your correspondence
history records automatically. View our tip sheets below for more information!
Using CareerShift for Networking
Using CareerShift for Your Job Search
The Career Development Center is excited to bring the Big Interview platform to the MTSU campus community. Big Interview is an online interview preparation platform that combines training and practice to help improve skills and build confidence.
Individual Career Advising
For community safety, we are currently only offering online career advising meetings. All meetings can still be scheduled with our Career Advisors, the meetings will take either online via Zoom or over the phone.
Our career advisors are available to work one-on-one with you to provide you with the necessary resources as you create your career plan and develop and implement your job search strategy. Advisors also assist with career decision making and provide interviewing assistance, resume and cover letter feedback, and graduate school application preparation as needed. Find out who your career advisor is here.
What Can I Do with a Major in?
Brief one page guides designed to give you a starting point for connecting careers to majors. View the guides by major here!
Job Application Writing Guides
Career Development Center wants to help you build your job application (resume, cover letter, and reference guide) with professional content. Check out the writing guides and take advantage of our Document Drop program below.
Check out 6 editable resume templates and other writing tips here.
Document Drop Program
The Document Drop Program allows you to receive online professional document assistance with the help of our talented Peer Career Advisors. Submit your resumes, cover letters, and other documents to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return a critique to you electronically within two business days! Read the full details here.
Mark your calendar for career opportunities!
Currenly no events may be held in person on the MTSU campus. Visit our homepage for updates on our Virtual Employer Meet Ups and weekly Career Chats.
- Career Fairs: The Career Development Center hosts and co-hosts several fairs throughout the year. If you are looking for a job, internship, or co-op position, career fairs are great for connecting active employers with potential employees! See the full list of events here.
- On-campus Recruitment Program (OCR): Our Employer Meet Ups enable you to interact face to face with employers! On-campus recruitment is conducted throughout the Fall and Spring Semesters. Visit briefly with employer recruiters to discuss opportunities available within their organization through career fairs, interviewing, information tables and other programming designed to connect you with employers.
- Request presentations: The Career Development Center staff is available to present to classes, student organizations, and other programs on campus. Presentation topics usually include an overview of services, interviewing skills, resume writing, networking, the proactive job search, or other topics as needed. Submit a presentation request here!
Quick Look at our Student Services: