Pharmacy Direct Admission Program
A Partnership Between MTSU and Union University College of Pharmacy
The purpose of this agreement is to recruit highly qualified, talented students starting as early as a student's first year at MTSU and to offer them Direct Admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree program at Union University College of Pharmacy (UUCOP).
The Direct Admission Program guarantees admission to the UUCOP pending successful adherence to progression and matriculation criteria. Direct Admission students are not required to take the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT).
Students admitted to MTSU as freshmen or transfer students automatically qualify for Direct Admission to UUCOP. A currently enrolled MTSU student must complete a minimum of 28 of the required pharmacy prerequisite hours at MTSU (at least 14 hours of science and math) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Students that are interested in the program, must complete and submit an application to Director for Pharmacy Admissions and Recruitment at Union University.
- Notify the UUCOP Office of Admissions of the desire for Direct Admission by completing the interest form (available online and in the CBAS Advising Center) and submitting it to the UUCOP Office of Admissions no later than October 15 (see address below).
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Complete all pharmacy prerequisites as noted prior to matriculation into the UUCOP with a grade of "C" or higher in each course.
- Register for and complete a minimum of 14 hours per semester (fall and spring) at MTSU.
- Submit an official copy of student transcript to the UUCOP Office of Admissions at the conclusion of each semester
|BIOL 1110/1111 General Biology I||4 hrs||CHEM 1110/1111 General Chemistry I||4 hrs|
|BIOL 1120/1121 General Biology II||4 hrs||CHEM 1120/1121 General Chemistry II||4 hrs|
|BIOL 2010/2011 Anatomy and Physiology I||4 hrs||CHEM 3010/3011 Organic Chemistry I||4 hrs|
|BIOL 2020/2021 Anatomy and Physiology II||4 hrs||CHEM 3020/3021 Organic Chemistry II||4 hrs|
|BIOL 2230/2231 Microbiology||4 hrs|
|ENGL 1010 Expository Writing||4 hrs||MATH 1910 Calculus I||4 hrs|
|ENGL 1020 Research and Argumentative Writing||4 hrs||MATH 1530 Applied Statistics||4 hrs|
|PHYS 2010/2011 Non Calculus Based Physics I||4 hrs||COMM 2200 Fundamentals of Communication||4 hrs|
|Humanities Elective||3 hrs||Social Sciences Elective||3 hrs|
For additional information
|MTSU Contact||Union University Contact|
Pre-Professional Advising Manager
Director for Pharmacy Admissions and Recruitment