Welcome to Counseling & Testing Services
To our MTSU students
There is no question we are living in a time of unprecedented uncertainty and each of us are doing our best to navigate this new normal. MTSU Counseling Services remains fully committed to the emotional health and wellness of our students during this time. We understand this is a stressful time and we are here to support you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (615) 898-2670. We are here to help. Together we will get through this!
MTSU Counseling Services
- To best protect the health of our students and staff in this time of the COVID 19 pandemic, the majority of our counseling sessions are being offered via the Telehealth (virtual) format. If you are in need of a face-to-face appointment, please indicate that need at the time you are scheduling, so that we can make arrangements to accommodate that need. The use of N-95 masks and social distancing will be required of both student and counselor for face-to-face appointments. If a student is experiencing thoughts of suicide and does not think they are able to keep themselves safe, we will see this student immediately in-person to ensure they receive appropriate care. Our highest priority is everyone’s safety.
- Telehealth appointments will be conducted via Microsoft Teams. Students will be emailed instructions of how to login to Teams through their MTmail account. If a student experiences technical difficulties, an appointment may be conducted by phone until the issue can be resolved.
- Students who need support and do not have an assigned counselor may call Counseling Services to schedule a telehealth screen appointment. During this screen, the counselor will listen to the student’s concerns and make recommendations of treatment options.
- Students who have an assigned counselor should monitor their MTSU email for secure messages concerning updates from Counseling Services or their counselor.
- Students whose treatment needs are more long-term or specialized in nature; will be assisted in connecting to outside treatment providers.
- Students currently residing out-of-state will be assisted in finding mental health providers near their home.
- Our hours remain the same: Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
What We Offer in Counseling Services
- Short-term Counseling
- Crisis Services
- Referral Services
- Short-term Psychiatric Services
- Outreach & Programming Services
- Consultation Services
Testing Services (Academic)
Testing Services offer a variety of standardized tests required for entering graduate school, nursing school, or teacher-preparation programs, as well as various other exams. These services are offered to both students and the public.
We look forwarding to meeting with you face to face in the future.
For more information on the University’s response to COVD-19, please click here: https://www.mtsu.edu/coronavirus/