Welcome to CUSTOMS
What is CUSTOMS?
CUSTOMS is the Middle Tennessee State University new student orientation program. CUSTOMS helps new undergraduate students make the transition into the university; prepares new students for MTSU's educational opportunities; and initiates the integration of new students into the intellectual, cultural, and social climate of the institution. In a nutshell, CUSTOMS shows new students the ropes on being a student at MTSU.
Freshman and Transfer Students Admitted for Fall 2022
The Freshman and Transfer CUSTOMS orientation sessions have concluded. Please follow these next steps to enroll in classes for Fall 2022.
- Make an Appointment with your Advisor
- Select the College of your current major- If you are not sure of the college, find your major here. This will indicate the College your major falls in.
- Select the collegeof your current major:
- Complete CUSTOMS Online.
- This online orientation will provide important information to help you with your transition into MTSU as well as provide information on using PipelineMT and payment deadlines.
Admitted for Spring 2023
Registration for CUSTOMS will be available in late October 2022.
Students Seeking Additional Bachelor's Degree
If you have already earned a Bachelor's Degree and are seeking an additional Bachelor's degree with MTSU, select the college of your current major. (CUSTOMS is not required for students seeking an additional Bachelor's degree.)
How is CUSTOMS Structured?
Two required components for CUSTOMS:
- CUSTOMS Online - These are REQUIRED Information Modules that must be completed PRIOR to your CUSTOMS date.
- Academic Advising and course registration
What is My Group (Country) Name?
CUSTOMS is the theme of the orientation program. The theme goes along with the process as you leave and enter a new country and go through customs.The new students are grouped together by majors for advising purposes, and we use country names to identify these groups. When you sign up for CUSTOMS, you will be notified of the date you have been assigned and the name of the country in which you are grouped.
CUSTOMS is designed a little differently for each type of new student. Please select your classification on the left menu bar to begin your CUSTOMS journey!
CUSTOMS Orientation will give you vital information about the University and the many
resources that you will use as a student.This orientation is required to be completed before you can be advised and register
for your courses.