Dr. Allen Hibbard
Professor | Director, Middle East Center
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Seattle (1989)
- M.A., University of Washington, Seattle (1982)
- B.A., American University (1978)
Dr. Hibbard teaches courses in Modern American literature, criticism, backgrounds of modern literature, the modern novel, postmodernism, and Middle-Eastern literature and culture. He is the author of a book on Paul Bowles' short fiction and is completing a biography of Alfred Chester. From 1992 to 1994, he was a Fulbright Lecturer at the University of Damascus, Syria.
- Hibbard, Al len. Paul Bowles: A Study of the Short Fiction. Boston: Macmillan, 1993.
- ___. Al Abur ila Al- 'Abbassiya (A collection of 12 stories translated into Arabic by Osama Isber). Damascus: Dar al Mustaqbal, 1994 .
- ___. Paul Bowles, Magic & Morocco. Santa Barbara, CA: Cadmus Editions, 2004.
- ___, ed. Conversations with William S. Burroughs .Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi, 2000.