Academic Probation / Suspension (Undergraduate)
The minimum Overall GPA required to graduate is 2.00. To view GPA(s) go to PipelineMT >Registration & Student Records menu >Academic Records >GPAs. All GPAs are displayed with explanation.
An undergraduate student failing to meet one of the following standards during any term will be placed on academic probation for the subsequent term:
- attain a 2.00 GPA for the current semester, or
- meet one of the following retention standards:
- if you have 0 - 29.99 overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 1.50 Overall Combined GPA
- if you have 30 - 49.99 overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 1.80 Overall Combined GPA
- if you have 50 or more overall combined quality (GPA) hours, you need a 2.00 Overall Combined GPA
A student on academic probation who fails to meet one of the above standards the next term in which enrolled, will be suspended. First time suspension is for one semester (not including summer) and any subsequent suspensions will be for 2 semesters (not including summer). Students with a prior suspension from MTSU or previous institution(s) are not eligible for probationary status and will be suspended for 2 semesters (not including summer) if the retention standard is not met.
Academic Suspension Appeal
Students placed on academic suspension are provided the opportunity to appeal for
The deadline to submit a Summer or Fall 2021 academic appeal packet for review at the May 19, 2021 committee meeting has passed. The Fall 2021 academic appeal procedures and form for review at the August 18, 2021 committee meeting will be availabe here after July 12, 2021.
|Term||deadline for returning appeal packet||appeals committee Reviews||results available*|
|SUMMER or FALL 2021||
||Wednesday, May 19||