General Education Requirements
Did you know you need 6 hours of American history to graduate from MTSU?
To fulfill the history requirements you can take:
- HIST 2010: Survey of US History I
- HIST 2020: Survey of US History II
- HIST 2030: Tennessee History
We offer a variety of options for our general education classes including:
- Large lecture sections with discussion
- Online Classes
- Flipped Classes (class meets on the ground once a week combined with online lectures)
- EXL Experiential Learning Classes
- Reacting to the Past Classes—contact general education director to find out which classes have a RttP component
- small classes that focus on discussion.
For the specific general education requirements please see the current university catalog.
For more detailed information, please contact the department's general education director:
Dr. Lisa Pruitt
Phone: (615) 898-2051
Office Location: Peck Hall Room 237
Department of History
Middle Tennessee State University
1301 E. Main Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Peck Hall 223
All Other Inquiries
Oral History Association
The executive offices of the Oral History Association have opened at MTSU and will be here for the next five years.
The office will be co-directed by Albert Gore Research Center Director Louis Kyriakoudes and History Professor Kristine McCusker.
The Offices are located in Peck Hall, Room 217.