Honors College Ambassador Program
Inspire and Lead
What is the Honors College Ambassador Program?
The Honors College Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing the University Honors College at Middle Tennessee State University. Students Ambassadors serve as representatives of the Honors College at a variety of events involving prospective students and families, alumni, current students and families, faculty, staff, and university administrators.
What does an Honors College Ambassador do?
- Enhance student development and community within the Honors College
- Promote the Honors College to current and prospective students (building tours, workshops, meetings)
- Participate in Honors recruiting activities (Open House, Customs, Preview Days, True Blue Tour (local)
- Serve as Global Scholars and share their study abroad experience
- Promote Honors College events through social media and publications
- Build community within the Honors College by developing and executing social events for our students (sporting events, homecoming, movie nights, meals together, Dorm party, etc.)
- Enhance outreach with Honors College Alumni
What are the benefits of becoming an Honors College Ambassador?
- Build Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Develop relationships with Honors faculty, staff, and students
- Obtain networking opportunities
- Gain professional development experience
- Develop skills to meet individual academic and career goals
Requirements to become an Honors College Ambassador
- Be an “on-track” Honors Student who is committed to finishing a thesis
- Must maintain a 3.25 GPA
- Attend a mandatory ambassador training/organizational meeting each semester
- Organize one social event for honors students per semester either on your own or with another ambassador
- Attend 1 leadership/skill training session per semester
- Minimum 10 hrs. of time per semester
- Fall and Spring Semester Commitment ($250 paid to ambassador at the end of each semester if they meet all requirements)
Characteristics of an Honors College Ambassador