MTSU and McGuire Management Group True Blue Education Partnership
Middle Tennessee State University is excited to announce a unique partnership with Murfreesboro-based McGuire Management Group (MMG) that provides educational opportunities and assistance to MMG-affiliated McDonald's employees that want to earn their college degree. MMG will pay tuition costs for qualified McDonald's employees who seek to earn their degrees at MTSU. The University and President Sidney McPhee are very excited about this partnership and believe it will generate interest from local, regional and national businesses that also want to provide their employees with exceptional educational opportunities.
The program is open to all MMG McDonald's employees who meet the minimum criteria:
- Must have been employed sufficient time to participate in the bi-annual review process in accordance with the review policy.
- Must have scored greater than 85% on the most recent performance review.
- Must have worked a minimum average of 20 hours per week for the previous 6-month period.
Additionally, employees who have previously participated in the program must maintain qualifying criteria to continue participation:
- Must continue to work a minimum average of 20 (part-time) or 30 (full-time managers) hours per week while participating in the program.
- Must maintain a 3.0 or higher overall GPA in program classes.
- Must remain in good standing by receiving an 85% or greater on all performance reviews and receive no more than two (2) disciplinary documentations while participating in the program.
- Must satisfactorily complete all courses.
To apply to participate in the program, employees must send an email including their name and work location to email@example.com. A representative will contact the employee to begin the registration process. The program includes personalized enrollment counseling, advising and other supports. MTSU’s University College staff will also assist the student in developing a personalized education path, including accessing all available tuition assistance to supplement funds provided by the McGuire True Blue Educational Partnership. MMG will fund 100% of tuition costs for two semesters per calendar year, up to six hours per semester for full time administrative or management staff (average of 30 hours or more per week for the previous 6-month period) or three hours per semester for part time staff or crew (between 20 and 30 hours per week for the previous 6-month period). Students who wish to pay out-of-pocket for additional hours will have the opportunity to do so at the McGuire True Blue tuition rate.
Ready to Start Your McGuire True Blue Journey?
In the News: MTSU alumnus becomes the first graduate of the MTSU-McGuire tuition partnership - READ MORE