MS Imagine Academy
As a MS Imagine Academy member institution, MTSU is able to provide it’s faculty, staff and students access to Microsoft’s Imagine Academy: a collection of learning resources, self-paced tutorials and certification exam preparation materials. The materials are categorized into Productivity, Computer Science and IT Infrastructure materials where users can search a list of hundreds of tutorials for self-directed learning. Tutorials include:
Office 2016, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Software Development, HTML5, Python, Technopreneurship
Excel, Database Fundamentals, Intro to Data Science, Working with Non-Relational Data, Using Data in Software Applications, Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials
Networking and Security Fundamentals
Ways to interact with the Imagine Academy materials
There are multiple ways that users can interact with the Academy materials:
Staff and student users can explore the tables of tutorials on a wide variety of topics. Click on Learner Access on the left.
Faculty can create a collection of tutorials or download materials from the “Microsoft Official Academic Curriculum (MOAC)” and incorporate those materials into their classes. Click on Faculty Access to submit a request form for faculty access.
Official MS Certifications
As part of a MTSU “Imagine Academy” initiative, members of the MTSU community may be eligible to take certification exams at no cost:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Word, Excel or PowerPoint 2016)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (Database, Networking, Mobile Devices, Software Development, HTML5 App development, and Cloud Fundamentals)
- Microsoft Certified Educator
To request to take one of the certification exams:
- Complete one or more of the Imagine Academy tutorials to prepare for taking the exam;
upon complete of tutorial (s), print a “completion transcript” which will be used
to verify that you are part of the MTSU Imagine Academy.
- Prior to your testing appointment, create a certiport testing account. Do NOT progress to the sections scheduling a payment for an exam.
- Contact the University Testing Center (898-2743) to request the exam.