Career Achievement Award
The Career Achievement Award, created in 2000, recognizes one faculty member each year who, during the course of his or her career, has exhibited profound, sustained, and high quality contributions in a variety of areas: teaching, educational innovation, research/creative activity, and service to the University and the profession.
The recipient of the Career Achievement Award must be a full-time faculty member with a minimum 10 years of service to MTSU at the rank of Professor or 15 years of full-time service to the University.
To apply for the Career Achievement Award, please send a single PDF containing the following documents to Mary Hoffschwelle (email@example.com) and Angie Price (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A letter from the applicant outlining their career contributions in terms of teaching, research/scholarship/creative activity, and service
- An updated CV for the candidate
- Two letters of endorsement: one from the chair and one from the dean
Candidates may submit their own application. Supportive colleagues may secure the required documents and submit a complete application on behalf of a candidate.
The deadline for submission is June 30, 2023.
For more information, please contact Mary Hoffschwelle, Associate Provost for Strategic Planning and Partnerships, at (615) 898-5806.
- 2022 - Thomas M. Brinthaupt, Psychology
- 2021 - Timothy R. Graeff, Marketing
- 2020 - Mary B. Farone, Biology
- 2019 - William M. Robertson, Physics and Astronomy
- 2018 - Judith Iriarte-Gross, Chemistry
- 2017 - Kevin E. Smith, Sociology and Anthropology
- 2016 - Michael B. Hein, Psychology
- 2015 - Carroll Van West, History/Historic Preservation Center
- 2014 - Paula B. Thomas, Accounting
- 2013 - William F. Ford, Weatherford Chair of Finance
- 2012 - Larry L. Burriss, Journalism
- 2011 - John R. Vile, Political Science/Honors College
- 2010 - Gary P. Wulfsberg, Chemistry
- 2009 - Samuel C. Ricketts, Agribusiness/Agriscience
- 2008 - Thomas L. Tang, Management and Marketing
- 2007 - Robert F. Carlton, Physics and Astronomy
- 2006 - Ronald H. Aday, Sociology and Anthropology
- 2005 - Edward M. Kimbrell, Journalism
- 2004 - Kenneth W. Hollman, Chairholder - Tommy T. Martin Chair of Insurance
- 2003 - June McCash, Foreign Language and Literatures
- 2002 - Marion Wells, Biology
- 2001 - Phil Mathis, Biology