Career Achievement Award
The Career Achievement Award, created in 2000, recognizes one faculty member each year who, during the course of his or her career, has exhibited profound, sustained, and high quality contributions to the University and the profession in a variety of areas.
The recipient of the Career Achievement Award must be a full-time faculty member with a minimum 10 years of service to MTSU at the rank of Professor or 15 years of full-time service to the University.
Award candidates must be nominated by a minimum of five individuals, at least three of whom must be full-time faculty or academic administrators. A University selection committee, recommended by the Faculty Senate and appointed by the University president, will forward three finalists to a Foundation selection committee, who will then make the final choice for the award.
Nominations must be received by November 22, 2019.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Torsney, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs at 615.898.5941.
- 2019 - William M. Robertson, Physics and Astronomy
- 2018 - Judith Iriarte-Gross, Chemistry
- 2017 - Kevin E. Smith, Sociology and Anthropology
- 2016 - Michael B. Hein, Psychology
- 2015 - Carroll Van West, History/Historic Preservation Center
- 2014 – Paula B. Thomas, Accounting
- 2013 – William F. Ford, Weatherford Chair of Finance
- 2012 - Larry L. Burriss, Journalism
- 2011 - John R. Vile, Political Science/Honors College
- 2010 - Gary P. Wulfsberg, Chemistry
- 2009 - Samuel C. Ricketts, Agribusiness/Agriscience
- 2008 - Thomas L. Tang, Management and Marketing
- 2007 - Robert F. Carlton, Physics and Astronomy
- 2006 - Ronald H. Aday, Sociology and Anthropology
- 2005 - Edward M. Kimbrell, Journalism
- 2004 - Kenneth W. Hollman, Chairholder - Tommy T. Martin Chair of Insurance
- 2003 - June McCash, Foreign Language and Literatures
- 2002 - Marion Wells, Biology
- 2001 - Phil Mathis, Biology