Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act Compliance
In compliance with the Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act (DFSCA) of 1989, and as provided in the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) Part 86, MTSU annually facilitates alcohol and drug prevention programs and marketing campaigns to promote an alcohol and drug-free campus. As part of the University's commitment, below is MTSU's Drug-Free Schools Biennial Review and Reports for 2016-2018, as well as for 2014-2016. Additional statistical and survey data will be provided in the third quarter of 2018 and will be incorporated into the 2016-2018 Biennial Report.
The use or possession of drugs is strictly prohibited at MTSU. MTSU also promotes a Tobacco-Free campus and prohibits smoking on campus, as well as in, and around, student residential housing.
As a result of legislation passed in the State of Tennessee in April 2018, however, the sell and consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted at MTSU at limited, previously approved, MTSU-sponsored events, including certain Athletic events, as authorized by the University President.
The following reporting and policy resources additionally demonstrates MTSU's compliance with DFSCA.
- MTSU Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act Biennial Review and Report, 2016-2018
- MTSU Drug-Free Schools and Campuses Act Biennial Review and Report, 2014-2016
- Policy 541 - Residential Life and Housing Rules
- Policy 750 - Tobacco Free Campus
- Policy 760 - Drug Free Workplace
- Policy 755 - Alcoholic Beverages