To graduate from the University Honors College, students are required to maintain a cumulative GPA equal to or greater than 3.25 and successfully complete a minimum of 31 semester hours including a thesis as outlined below. It is important to understand that the 31 semester hours required for graduation from the Honors College are not necessarily in addition to the 120 hours required for graduation with a bachelor's degree, but rather a part of the 120 hours required for a degree.
- 20 hours lower-division Honors courses (1000- and 2000-level courses)
- three hours upper-division Honors courses (3000- and 4000-level courses)
- three-hour Honors interdisciplinary seminar
- one-hour Honors Lecture Series, UH 3000
- one hour thesis tutorial, UH 4900
- three hours Honors independent research, UH 4950
In addition to the above requirements, students must submit a Statement of Intent to Graduate through the University Honors College. The intent form should be completed at the beginning of the semester in which the student plans to graduate.