- March 12-19 — Potential candidate election packets available in Student Union 330 from 9:00 a.m.
- 3:30 p.m.
- Please note this office is closed for the weekend on March 17-18.
- March 19 — Completed potential candidate packets are due in Student Union 330 by 4:00 p.m.
- March 21 — Candidates eligible to run for Student Government Executive Board and Senate will be announced by this date. Eligible candidates will be notified via e-mail.
- March 21 — Banner and tabling sign-up for Executive Office candidates available March 21– 23 and March 26 - 28 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Student Union 330. Sign up early to ensure tabling space.
- March 22 — Banner and tabling sign-up for Senate candidates available March 22– 23 and March 26 - 28 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Student Union 330. Sign up early to ensure tabling space.
- March 28 — Mandatory meeting for qualified candidates, Student Union Parliamentary Room, 6:00 p.m.
- March 29 — Candidate banners due by 4:00 p.m. in Student Union 330.
- March 30 — Candidate campaigning can commence starting at 12:01 a.m.
- April 4 — Executive Officer Debate, Student Union Parliamentary Room, 6:00 .m.
- April 9 — Voting opens at 10:00 a.m.
- April 12 — Voting closes at 11:45 p.m.
- April 13 — Election results will be posted by noon outside of Student Union 330 and 306.
About SGA Elections
SGA Elections are held every fall and spring. Special elections may also be held. The MTSU Electoral Act establishes clear, proper and equitable procedures for conducting university elections and establishes minimum qualifications for candidates for Student Government Association offices.
Students may protest an alleged violation of the Electoral Act by completing a complaint form.
For more information, please contact the SGA VP Of Campus Relations at 615-904-8095.