The Distance Education Test Center, located on the lower level of the Kethley University Center (KUC), is available for distance faculty to accommodate only those students whose schedules conflict with posted test dates/times. Due to limited space, staff, hours of operation, and equipment, the Test Center cannot accommodate all students enrolled in distance courses.
KUC, Room 107 - (615) 898-2743
Test Center Policy
- The Online and Distance Education Test Center, located in Keathley University Center (KUC), Room 107, provides exam services for MTSU graduating seniors and students taking distance learning courses including online, hybrid and TN eCampus courses. If a student is unable to attend his or her scheduled class exam due to extenuating circumstances, the exam may be taken in the Online and Distance Education Test Center at an alternate date and/or time.
- Due to limited space, staff, hours of operation, and equipment, the Test Center cannot accommodate all students enrolled in distance courses.
- Professors requiring that their students take proctored exams must schedule on-campus classrooms in which to proctor them. To reserve a room, professors must complete the Scheduling Center Distance Education Scheduling Request Form. Early scheduling is encouraged.
- The Test Center requires testing dates (open date and close date) be on file at the beginning of the semester. Instructors are to email Sheila Copeland at Copeland@mtsu.edu with midterm, final, and unit exam testing dates.
- The Test Center requires that passwords and paper copies of all exams, whether given online or on paper, be on file prior to the testing period. Professors may email exams (including time limits, any special instructions, etc.) to Sheila Copeland at Copeland@mtsu.edu at the beginning of each semester or deliver them to KUC room 107.
- Instructors using Course Compass are responsible for notifying the Test Center when the site is scheduled for update downtime and for providing an alternate URL address for testing. Paper copies of the exams and any special instructions (time limits, use of books, notes, etc.) must be on file in the Test Center. If possible, testing dates should be set accordingly to avoid any conflicts with website updates.
- Students who cannot make their scheduled on-campus exams during the posted exam dates/times may be given the option of taking the exam in the Test Center or at a university/college campus.
- Students residing more than 50 miles from campus may have their exams proctored at a higher education facility. Exceptions will only be made for active members of the military.
- All off campus testing requests must be received at least two weeks before the date on which the student wishes to take the exam. If the request is received with less than a two week notice, the student will be given the choice of either obtaining permission from the instructor to test after the deadline or coming to campus to take the exam. Visit the Test Center web site at mtsu.edu/flextest for off campus testing procedures.
- Student requests for late testing, on or off campus, must be approved by the professor. Email authorization is required and must be sent to Sheila Copeland at email@example.com.
- Students are encouraged to schedule their exams at the Test Center website which allows them to view all available testing dates and times. Note, for scheduling purposes only, all exams are set at 60 minutes. Students will be given testing time limits as instructed by their professors.