Shared Digital Signage Resources
Request an image be added to signage
Campus digital informational signs are available to advertise university events and information appropriate to a campus-wide audience OR content specific to the individual sign's location. Signage admins maintain the following:
- Student Union video walls
- Student Union ballroom signs
- KUC theater
Content on other building signs is placed by departmental content administrators.
Once a request has been submitted, your content will be reviewed and if approved, added to the appropriate signs from the above list and placed in a content repository for possible selection by system or departmental content administrators.
Steps to request content be added to one of the signs above:
- Review the Content Guidelines noting that media MUST be provided at least ONE MONTH in advance of the event.
- Create an ITD Work Order (use FSA credentials)
- Fill in the Subject and Contact Information
- Complete Issue Information
- Equipment Type: select Other
- Problem Type: select Other Systems
- Symptom: Select the New Content: Video Wall or New Content: Readerboard
- OS Type: Select Other
- Category: Select Digital Signage System
- Complete Sign Location information & click SAVE
- Fill in Public Description
Using the shared image repository
(For designated signage content administrators)
If you have a piece of content you would like to share with the group, please place that file in the "Shared Sign Content" network folder. All sign content administrators should have access to this:
- Create and save your file using the naming criteria below (the dates that it should be displayed-file name and extension). File name example: 060315-082215-Dinner Movie and Carnival.jpg
- Don’t forget that all images need to be at least 96dpi; if you need something special, it is best to contact CVS.
- Send an email to this email address (DigitalSignage@mtsu.edu), stating that you have added a shareable file and a short explanation of the purpose.
ITD will, on occasion, add images from the SU video wall so you might want to check the folder weekly to see if we have added anything new. We will also intermittently go into the folder and “houseclean” to remove old content and keep the file list in check.
To use shared content, place the item within your Powerpoint file. You may need to resize the image depending on your sign template – if you need help with that, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email us at email@example.com