MTSU Victim Resources - No Closed Door
If You Are A Victim
- Know that you are not to blame. Abuse is never the fault of the victim.
- Get medical treatment if you are hurt.
- Tell a trusted friend or family member.
- Seek help. You can reach out to your campus sexual assault advocate or the local Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Center even if you are not sure if what you have experienced is gender-based violence.
MTSU Sexual Assault Advocate
If you or someone you know has been sexually assaulted on campus, you can reach out to the campus sexual assault intervention advocate for confidential support. The campus sexual assault advocate is available for a wide range of services including:
- telephone and walk-in requests for assistance
- physical and emotional support to the survivor
- referrals to appropriate agencies and providers
- in-person support for on-scene and court appearances
- providing support throughout the criminal justice process.
To talk to someone immediately during a crisis
- Sexual Assault 24-hour crisis line, (615) 494-9262
- Domestic Violence 24-hour crisis line, (615) 896-2012
To talk to someone confidentially
- MTSU Sexual Assault Advocate Miller Education Center, 503 East Bell St. (615) 715-2870
- MTSU Counseling Services Keathley University Center, Room 326-S (615) 898-2670
- MTSU Counseling and Psychological Services Miller Education Center, 503 East Bell St. (615) 898-2271
To receive STI or pregnancy testing
- MTSU Student Health Services (confidential) Health, Wellness, and Recreation Center (615) 898-2988
To receive medical treatment or rape kit
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program 2106 E. Main Street 24-hour crisis line: (615) 494-9262
- St. Thomas Rutherford Hospital (SART Program) 1700 Medical Center Parkway, 615-396-4100
To report an incident to the university
- Title IX Coordinator Cope Administration Building, Room 116 https://www.mtsu.edu/titleix or (615) 898-2185
To report an incident to the police
- MTSU Police (615) 898-2424 Murfreesboro Police (615) 893-1311 or 911
To receive academic accomodations
- Disability Access Center (615) 898-2783 Keathley University Center, Room 107
To report an incident to police
- MTSU Detective for Gender-Based Violence:
Cell: 615-692-9264 Desk: 615-494-7607
- MTSU Police: 615-898-2424
- Murfreesboro Police: 615-893-1311 or 911
- MTSU Dean of Students (615) 898-2440, Keathley University Center, Room 212
- MTSU Office of Student Conduct (615) 898-2750, Keathley University Center, Room 208