Fall Faculty Addresses
You can read about President Sidney A. McPhee’s most recent Fall Faculty Address (“State of the University”) here:
- 2018: MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee kicked off the new academic year Thursday, Aug. 23, by applauding the university’s faculty and staff for continued progress in student retention and graduation while emphasizing the need to develop new strategies in an ever-evolving higher education landscape. Read more.
- 2017: MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee applauded university faculty and staff Thursday, Aug. 24, during his annual fall address, praising them for significant progress in student achievement and new academic programs amid a new governance structure, ongoing budgetary challenges and the need to improve facilities and salaries. Read more.
- 2016: MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee stressed the challenges of increasing student retention and faculty salaries in the face of limited funding resources during his traditional State of the University address Thursday, Aug. 18, inside Tucker Theatre. Read more.
- 2015: Accentuating the positive, MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee delivered his 15th “State of the University” address before a packed house Friday, Aug. 21, at the 2015-16 Fall Faculty Meeting at Tucker Theatre. Read more.
- 2014: After acknowledging the many accomplishments the university has made during the past year, MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee had a straightforward message to faculty and leaders during the Aug. 22 Fall Faculty Meeting inside Tucker Theatre: “We must ensure that we recruit, retain and graduate students.” Read more.
- 2013: MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee, delivering his State of the University address Friday, outlined challenges ahead in the 2013-14 academic year and said “nothing is more important than … ensuring our students’ academic success.” Read more.
- 2012: MTSU is kicking off its second century with an even stronger commitment to making sure its students succeed, President Sidney A. McPhee told university faculty, staff and guests on Aug. 24. Read more.
- 2011: Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney A. McPhee delivers the address to the 2011 Fall Faculty Meeting on campus in the Tucker Theatre. Watch address.