The portfolio consists of a 1 ½ - 2 page essay summarizing your professional experience, plus your resume and supporting documentation as outlined below. Please note that you must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher and 5 years of full-time work experience to submit a portfolio as an alternative to taking the GRE. If you do not have both the undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher and 5 years full-time work experience the GRE is required. However, you can apply as a non-degree seeking student and take up to 6 hours of coursework while preparing to take the GRE and waiting for your score reports to be received by the Graduate Studies Office.
The portfolio is a formal presentation of the characteristics and attributes you feel will contribute to your successful completion of the program. These should include:
1. Resume containing:
- A detailed description of your professional responsibilities, especially as related
to the areas of study in your proposed MPS concentration of either
- strategic leadership (leadership, data analysis, organizational structure and change, communication, strategic planning/assessment) or
- training and development (evaluation of learning, organizational needs analysis, computer-based decision modeling or statistical analysis, instructional design for training and development, facilitation of learning)
- Professional achievements;
- Professional awards/recognitions;
- Training; and
- Continuing education completed
2. Documentation of items contained in your resume: official job descriptions, certificates, etc.
3. Essay of 500 to 600 words (1 ½ -2 pages) detailing the reasons for wanting to enter the MPS program and discussing how the program will help you achieve your personal and professional goals. In lieu of the GRE, this essay will be an important tool the advisory committee will use in assessing your potential success in the program.
How can we help?