University Space Management

University Space Issues

All space is considered University space, but may be assigned to a college, department, or unit for their primary use. 

Select from the following options:

Space Within Academic Affairs


Process to request space, changes in function or capacity of space

All campus requests for space, or changes in function or capacity of space, within Academic Affairs should be directed first to the department chair or unit supervisor. If the department chair or unit supervisor approves, the request should be sent to the Dean with a copy to David Edgar, For University space, the request should be directed to the division vice president. Vice Presidents make space recommendations to the University President.

Requests to increase capacity should be sent for an evaluation to Facilities and Campus Planning to determine if an increase is feasible. The two departments work together to identify the origination of the current seating capacity, and to review square footage, classroom layout, and furniture choices to determine if an increase would be within codes (ADA and fire). After discussion with the Academic Affairs office, the decision to implement or reject the request is sent to all parties.

Process to request function change of academic space

Please send an email request to the Dean of your college or department, and copy the email David Edgar,  The Academic Affairs Office has final review on all function change requests of academic space.

Website to submit a Work Order Requests

Open Computer Labs

This link for the five open computer labs provides a listing of all open computer labs within Academic Affairs.