Center For Educational Media
Dr. Laura Clark, Director
The Center for Educational Media (CEM), located in McWherter Learning Resources Center, oversees the production, distribution and broadcast of high-quality educational video programs for the College of Education (COE) and coordinates the scheduling and operation of the college's PK-12 Professional Development Center. The CEM offers computer facilities support for COE and production services for other MTSU departments and offices upon request.
CEM has four units:
- Audio/Visual Services (AVS) supports faculty use of audio/visual equipment and provides engineering support for activities at CEM and COE.
- TV/Video Production produces original videos and television programs for COE faculty, departments, and grant projects.
- The Education Resource Channel (ERC@MT) produces and broadcasts original programming and selected MTSU events, as well as broadcasting other educational programming that is licensed and/or provided by educational media vendors from across the United States.
- The PK-12 Professional Development Center facilitates events and programming in CEM that support educators in PK-12 and higher education, partnering with the College of Education, MTSU, Tennessee Department of Education, school districts, professional education organizations and PK-12 training initiatives.
The CEM distributes its educational programming through satellite, webcasting, streaming, and cable television. It also collaborates with other MTSU departments, state agencies, and public and private organizations to produce educational media for grants, contracts, and other partnerships.
- Read the Current Issue of Aspire, the COE Magazine