Student Degree Evaluation
Degree evaluation can be used to check the academic progress of a student in the program in which he/she is currently enrolled. The evaluation is especially helpful for students and advisors because it list the student's remaining requirements, where completed course apply, and GPA's earned in various requirements. You can also do "what if" evaluations for the student against a different program (major/concentration), minor, and/or catalog.
Steps to Generate a Degree Evaluation
- Log into PipelineMT.
- Select the RaiderNet tab.
- Select the Faculty Services tab.
- Click on the 'Advisor Menu' link.
- Click on 'ID Selection.' The current term will display; click on 'Submit.'
- Enter the student's M# or last/first name; click on 'Submit.' The student's name will
appear for verification; click on 'Submit.'
- Click on 'Degree Evaluation.'
- The student's current curriculum information will display. You can generate an
evaluation using one of the following three methods:
- Previous Evaluations = Shows every undeleted evaluation that has been generated by the Graduation Coordinator, advisor, or student.
- Generate New Evaluation = Request a new evaluation to be run using the current program (major, concentration, minors, and catalog) that is listed.
- What-if Analysis = Allows you to request a new evaluation for what-if scenarios by select catalog, major, concentration, and/or minors.
- If selecting Previous Evaluations, you may delete any evaluation you generated, but not any that others have generated. Each previous evaluation shows the program, submission date, and request number. A previous evaluation is almost like a "frozen in time"; snapshot just like a printed copy. No additional credits earned or registered for will change or be reflected in a previous evaluation; however, if any text changes are made to the evaluation, they will be reflected in the previous evaluations also. For example, if the text describing what is required in the major seems confusing, then the revised text will display in new evaluations as well as previous evaluations.
- If selecting Generate New Evaluation, then you will select the radio button next to the curriculum. The term that defaults does not need to be changed. You can select to include any in-progress courses, which also includes registration for future terms.
- If selecting What-if Analysis, the Entry Term is the term of the catalog the student will be graduating under. Select a Program from the drop-down menu. The campus does not need to be selected. You must click on the drop-down menu in the First Major box, and select the program listed, then click on Add More. Click on the drop-down menu in the Concentration 1 box and select the concentration, if listed. You may see No Concentrations Valid, which means there are no concentrations that can attach to the chosen major. If you do not want to select any minors, click on the Submit button. Otherwise, click on Add More. You can then choose up to two minors from the drop-down menus in the First Minor and Second Minor boxes. You will see a display of the curriculum you have chosen. Click on Generate Request and then Detail Requirements. Your What-If analysis will appear.