Frequently Asked Questions Purchasing Card
Frequently Asked Questions-Purchasing Card
*Is this an allowable P-Card purchase?
• Check the Allowable-Unallowable Purchase Guide
• Call or Email - Ann Lee Whitefield, P-Card Compliance, 615-898-8813, email@example.com
CLOSING P-CARD ACCOUNT
*How do I close my P-Card account?
• Cardholders must complete the following steps to cancel the P-Card and close the account:
1. Complete the Change in Cardholder Status Form.
2. Return the P-Card and the Change in Cardholder Status Form to P-Card Compliance; CAB 106.
3. Advise your approver where the P-Card records will be retained in accordance of University Policy.
*Who would I contact if my card is declined at a vendor checkout?
• Call or Email Demetra Majors, Procurement Services, 615-898-5437, firstname.lastname@example.org
*How long am I required to keep my P-Card receipts?
• 5 years – not including the current fiscal year.
• Keep all bank statements, original receipts, support documents, and any P-Card compliance reviews.
*Which food form do I need? Do I need both?
• The Food Payment Authorization Form is always required for ANY food or drink purchase made with the P-Card.
• The Application to Bring Food on Campus Form is an additional required form when food is purchased for a meal and an off campus vendor is being used.
*What do I do if my card is lost/stolen or fraudulent charges appear?
• Contact Demetra Majors, Procurement Services, 615-898-5437, email@example.com
• Notify your approver.
• Notify SunTrust Bank using the number on the back of your P-Card.
• Complete the P-Card dispute form.
*What happens if I lose my receipt or did not receive a receipt from the vendor?
• First contact the vendor for a duplicate receipt.
• If a duplicate cannot be obtained, complete the P-Card Replacement Receipt Form.
MEMBERSHIPS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
*Can I use my P-Card for memberships and subscriptions?
• NO. Original or first time membership and subscriptions may not be purchased with the P-Card.
• Renewals for these services may be purchased with the P-Card IF you have a copy of the original membership/subscription application. Susan Harris with accounting services can assist in locating this original form, 615-898-2176, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Can I purchase office supplies with vendors other than Staples?
• NO. Staples is the MTSU contracted vendor and all employees must utilize this contract as our primary source for office supplies.
• EXCEPTION: If a lower price is found or if a product is unavailable at Staples, then it may be purchased with a different vendor if documentation supporting the purchase is retained with the purchase receipt.
*I accidently made a personal purchase with my P-Card. What do I need to do?
• Notify Ann Lee Whitefield, ext. 8813 or email@example.com concerning this transaction and complete these steps.
1. Complete the Reimbursement Form.
2. Pay the reimbursement at the cashier’s window in the One Stop Bldg.
3. Send a copy of the reimbursement form, reimbursement receipt, and the original purchase receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Retain all original documentation in your P-Card file.
*What if I am charged sales tax on a purchase using my P-Card?
• Contact the vendor and try to recover taxes.
• Upon request, Accounting Services will provide the sales tax exemption certificate to the vendor.
• Document all steps taken to recover taxes.
• If the vendor refuses to reimburse the tax charge, provide a written explanation to retain with the receipt.
*What types of travel expenses can I purchase with my P-Card?
• Only conference registrations and airfare purchases are allowed on the P-Card.
• Contact Gayla Wilson, 615-898-2172 or Tamala Pincheon, 615-898-2941, or email email@example.com with travel related questions.