Application Process for Access and Diversity Funds
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, due to limitations in funding for the 2019-2020 academic year, all Access and Diversity funds have been awarded. No applications for Access and Diversity funding will be considered for the remainder of the year.
- Due to the fluctuating nature of the funding from year to year, applications will not be reviewed until August of the current fiscal year.
- Please refer to the MTSU Mission Statement for Access and Diversity. This is the guideline for the use of access and diversity funds. Additional information/guidelines for assistance can be found on the IEC website under "Faculty/Staff Recruitment, Development, and Retention Guidelines."
- To be eligible to apply for access and diversity funds, you must be a full-time faculty/staff member who is a female or a person of color.
- Complete the Dynamic Form application. The application, once completed by you, will be routed to your department head/Dean (whomever is responsible for authorizing your travel/expenses) and once approved, it will be routed to IEC. You will receive an email each time an authorizer has completed the form. All emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org (please make sure emails from this address do not go into your Junk folder).
- If funds are requested for tuition/course work at MTSU or another institution, you must be a tenure-track or tenured faculty member, or a full-time permanent staff member. You must also complete the Faculty and Staff Reimbursement Form. Please forward this completed form to the IEC office at email@example.com, or send by campus mail to CAB 116.
- Access and Diversity funds are dependent on funding on an annual basis. If available, new funding is received on or after July 1 of each year.
- Applcations for funds are received from July 1 to May 1 of each year.
- One request per person per fiscal year is allowed until all applicants have been considered.
- Submit a Request for Travel Authorization as soon as possible once your application has been approved. This must be completed prior to travel.
- All travel claims are due within ten (10) working days after your travel is completed. You must have all applicable signatures authorizing your travel (department head, dean, etc.) BEFORE submitting claims to IEC. Claims received without signatures will not be approved, and will be sent back to you unsigned. Be advised that travel claims will be paid in accordance with MTSU policies (e.g., per diem for meals, incidentals, etc.). Incomplete TA's or Claims for Travel Expenses will delay processing.
- Until this application is complete, funding is not guaranteed.
- Funds MUST be used in the fiscal year in which they are requested. If they are not used in the same fiscal year, they will be forfeited. NOTE: if you are traveling over two fiscal years, the latter of the two years will be the one in which expenses will be charged.
1301 East Main Street
116 Cope Administration Building
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Please send comments or complaints