Students in Liberal Arts disciplines are uniquely prepared for the job market with a foundation of communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. Now, it is up to you to decide where you want to apply those skills – which industry, job field, etc.
Internships provide opportunities to learn by doing, and are great ways to test-drive a possible career, get your foot in the door, and start building a professional network. As a bonus, you might get paid or receive academic credit
Interested in completing an internship but not sure where to start?
- Visit the Career Center to talk with a Career Advisor
- Talk with your Academic Advisor
- Talk with your Faculty Advisor, Department Chair, or Departmental Internship Coordinator
CLA Internship Scholarship
This scholarship supports students in the College of Liberal Arts who are participating in an unpaid internship for academic credit.
- Student must be participating in an unpaid, credit-bearing internship. (Note: the
internship course must be in CLA.)
- Student must have a declared major in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Student must have completed 30 hours prior to the semester in which the award will be made. At least 15 hours must have been earned at MTSU.
- Student must have an inclusive GPA greater than or equal to 2.5.
Scholarships are awarded every fall, spring, and summer. For details on how to apply, students should contact Dr. Meredith Dye, CLA Associate Dean. Along with their application, a letter of recommendation should be emailed directly from a CLA faculty member or advisor to Meredith.Dye@mtsu.edu.
Information for Employers
Internships are a great way for employers to build relationships with students at Middle Tennessee State University and recruit great talent into their organizations. Whether you are creating your first internship program or returning to hire more College of Liberal Arts students, we are here to help.
A successful internship should be designed to meet both the needs of the organization and the learning goals of the student. Are you ready to partner in getting top talent for your organization and providing a meaningful career development and exploration experience for MTSU students?