Middle Tennessee State University Scholars Academy is a freshmen year experience program designed to serve all students, with emphasis on the needs of first-generation and/or students of color, by providing them with a quality education in a supportive learning environment.
Scholars Academy Freshmen Summer Institute
The Scholars Academy is comprised of a freshmen summer institute which is a two-week early arrival program for incoming first-time freshmen that begins two weeks prior to the first day of school in August. Students must participate for the duration of the Institute, attend all Institute events, as well as, register for the Scholars Academy sections of UNIV 1010 for the Fall 2024 semester. Study skills workshops, team-building exercises, leadership training, the summer reading program, and service-learning projects are integral aspects of the Scholars Academy. MTSU will cover instruction costs and room and board expenses, if applicable. Upon application to the program, students must pay a nonrefundable $75 programming fee to secure a spot in the program. The Freshman Summer Institute is a wonderful opportunity that you should not miss!
2024 Scholars Academy Freshman Summer Institute
For more information on the Scholars Academy contact the Office of Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-494-7783.
The Scholars Academy seeks to enhance the learning experience by providing the following:
- Better preparation for college-level general education courses
- Support of academic advising and course selection
- Completion of Scholars Academy University Seminar course with unique
curriculum and experiences
- Heightened sensitivity to the benefits and challenges of independence
- Greater awareness of interpersonal strengths and challenges
- Increased opportunities to engage students in conversations about college and success
- Involvement in Scholars Academy student organization
- Increased retention and graduation rates of participants
- Earlier identification of major/career options and subsequent educational adjustments
- Peer mentor opportunities
P. O. Box 500