Travel Support for Undergraduate Research

The Undergraduate Research Center strives to support students in dissemination of their research.  Undergraduates who are accepted to present their research at a regional, state, national, or international conference are eligible to receive travel funding.  

  • $400 yearly maximum for domestic travel and $500 yearly maximum for international travel.
  • Awarded travel funds are payable on a reimbursable basis only
  • To apply for these funds, you need to complete two forms: a travel application with signatures and documentation of invitation to present AND a travel authorization (not required for travel within the state of Tennessee) with signatures and documentation of estimated expenses.
  • You will be notified within a few days after submission if your request has been approved.
  • For domestic travel, the form needs to be turned in at least 30 days in advance; for international travel, at least 60 days in advance.
  • Upon your return, you will need to fill out a travel claim form within 30 days of your return and attach all original receipts. If you have questions, please email Katie Medrano, ORSP Coordinator, at



 URECA logo

Learn more about URECA