JCBSurvey - Qualtrics
IMPORTANT: JCBSurvey Qualtrics accounts are only for Jones College of Business faculty, staff and students. If you are NOT part of the Jones College of Business, please use the Office 365 (MTSU) link to access MTSU's version of Qualtrics. The Jones College of Business uses an upgraded Qualtrics XM5 license that provides advanced data collection and processing, role based dashboards, automated alerts, mobile support, advanced stats analytics, key driver analysis, predictive regression, intelligent text analytics, website feedback and API integration.
Qualtrics is an online survey management system that allows for the creation and deployment of online surveys. To start creating surveys, faculty must create an account using the instructions outlined in our Quick Start Guide [PDF]. The Jones College of Business uses an upgraded XM5 Qualtrics license that is an upgrade to our campus Research Core license.
Alternatively, faculty members can request that JCB.ITS manages their surveys. The information below outlines the procedures to initiate that service.
Link: jcbsurvey.qualtrics.com (Jones College of Business members only)
How to create a Qualtrics Account (* business students, faculty & staff only)
To create an account in our Qualtrics survey service follow the steps below:
- Go to jcbsurvey.qualtrics.com
- Click on the "Don't have an account?" link.
- Register with your MTSU email address - no code required - and click on "Sign me up".
- You will receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email to confirm your account.
- Once the email confirmation is processed, the system administrator will approve it and you will gain full access to the site.
How to chare (collaborate) in a survey?
To share a survey follow the steps below:
- The owner of the survey must log in to Qualtrics,
- On the list of Projects, click on the three dots on the right side “…”
- Click on Collaborate
- Enter the email of the person to share with
Qualtrics will send an email to the collaborator.
- Select what you want the user to do: Edit, View Reports, Activate or Close, Copy or Distribute.
- Click on Save
The “collaborator” will receive an email from Qualtrics with important information. The collaborator must log in to his/her Qualtrics instance, click on Projects, and click on Enter Collaboration Code (on the top right corner of the web page.) The collaboration code is on the Qualtrics email the user received. After this, the survey will appear on the list of surveys under “Shared with me”.
- The “collaborator” must have a Qualtrics account, and you need to know the associated login email. The Qualtrics account could be on our Qualtrics (jcbsurvey.qualtrics.com) instance or any other valid Qualtrics instance.
- If collaborating with users outside MTSU, there are specific global settings the Qualtrics' administrator must set up to be able to share across organizations.
(Optional) Have JCB.ITS Manage Faculty Surveys
- Faculty Survey Request
- Faculty submits email requesting an online survey to email@example.com.
- Our Graduate Assistant will contact the faculty to setup a meeting.
- Survey Design
- Faculty designs the survey questions.
- Faculty submits the survey design to Graduate Assistant.
- GA will work with he faculty in creating the online survey.
- Survey Approval
- GA submits survey link for faculty approval.
- Faculty approves preliminary survey form previous pilot testing.
- Survey Pilot Testing
- Survey is distributed to a test group for quality control.
- It is recommended that test users run the survey from multiple geographic locations and using different hardware and software.
- Survey pilot data collection to ensure:
- URL link is correct
- Survey is displayed properly in multiple browsers.
- Survey security is acceptable
- Data is being properly collected.
- Conditions (pages/questions) and computations are working.
- Form navigation is adequate.
- Survey look and feel is correct (pictures, colors, fonts.)
- Survey pilot data validation
- Ensure data is properly saved and processed.
- Data can be exported correctly (aliases in Excel.)
- Ensure data can be extracted in the desired format.
- Survey Distribution
- Survey should contain IRB number before final deployment.
- Once survey is made ACTIVE no other changes can be done to it.
- Send survey link via email list or web page.
- Survey Data Collection
- Collect responses on defined period of time.
- Close survey and extract data
- Once survey period is expired, Deactivate the survey.
- Export response data to Excel.
- If need to use survey again, consider deleting old responses or create a copy of the survey with a timestamp identifier.