Panopto is a powerful video management system that allows you to create video presentations, capture lectures, add narrations to presentations, etc. Panopto is available to all Jones College of Business faculty, staff and students. You can use Panopto in the classroom, in your office or at home. Use Panopto to deliver a flexible, easy to use, interactive and engaging class!
With Panopto you can:
MTSU's Panopto Content Retention Policy
- Starting the Fall 2023, all Panopto-hosted course folders and recordings will be deleted at the end of each semester. This includes all remote recording sessions, Zoom recording, video lectures, etc.
- This policy also affects all your "development" folders in Panopto.
- This policy does not affect the content of Panopto's My Folder. Any videos you plan to re-use in future classes should be moved to My Folder. We highly advise to create subfolders for each of your classes under My Folder and change the Share access to "Your Organization (unlisted)" so students can access the content. You will also need to make sure all your links in D2L class shell points to the new video locations. If you need help with this, please contact us at x2359.
- Log into D2L and access your classes content
- Click on the Videos link in your D2L main menu to access the Panopto class folder with your recordings
- Optional: Download and install the Panopto Recorder on your computer or use Panopto Capture (web)
- Click on Create then Record a New Session to add content to your class folder
- For more detailed information refer to the Quick Start Tutorials below.
Click here for device check out request.
Panopto Resources & Links
If you have any questions or issues with devices not working, or have specific questions about the Panopto software, please contact email@example.com