Graduate Teaching Assistantship Application Procedures
Minimum qualifications for a graduate teaching assistantship at MTSU:
- Be unconditionally admitted to the College of Graduate Studies
- Be unconditionally admitted to a Department of Health & Human Performance (HHP) Graduate Program
- Have an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher, whether undergraduate or graduate. Currently enrolled doctoral students seeking an assistantship must have a 3.25 GPA.
Submit all documents listed below to the mailing address for consideration for a graduate teaching assistantship in the HHP Department:
Graduate Program Office
MTSU Health & Human Performance
1301 E. Main St., Box 96
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
- HHP GTA Assignment Request Forms:
- One letter of recommendation that addresses your potential to teach undergraduate courses and your academic capability to do graduate-level coursework
- Copies of certifications (i.e., WSI, First Aid, CPR, ACSM, Athletic Training, etc.)
- Current curriculum vita
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
Deadline for all documents to be received by HHP Graduate Program Office:
- Fall Admission: February 1
- Spring Admission: October 1
Applicants are encouraged to have all required application documents to the HHP Graduate Program Office well in advance of the application deadlines.
Contact the HHP Graduate Program Office by phone at 615-898-2147.