Scholars Week 2019 - Poster Guidelines
The table space for each poster will be approximately 1.5 feet x 3 feet. Please accommodate these dimensions with your poster material. Posters must be trifold and self-standing on the 6 foot table (no mounting boards will be available on site). Information on templates and large format printing is provided below.
Please feel free to reuse cardboard trifolds from previous presentations. You may also purchase new ones from Blue Print Solutions, the bookstore, office supply stores, craft stores, or large department stores.
Please set up your poster between 8:30 am-11:30 am on Friday, March 22, 2019, in the Student Union Ballroom. You may leave your table unattended until the event begins at 12:40 pm. Check in at the registration desk to confirm your poster number and location.
Poster Templates (PowerPoint)
- MTSU graphics
- Free research poster templates
- Poster and Pitch: Designing Stellar Research Posters and Memorable Pitches. Are you getting ready to design a research poster for a class or academic conference/event? This free, one-hour workshop will introduce you to design principles of research posters and accompanying elevator pitches that consider audience, purpose, and mode. You will leave with strategies on deciding what information to include in your poster and what to leave out, making rhetorically-informed design decisions, and ways to craft and deliver an exciting elevator pitch that supports your poster and piques your audience’s attention. This workshop, open to all MTSU students, will be facilitated by MTSU’s University Writing Center in collaboration with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Snacks will be served. Two opportunities to attend this workshop: Tuesday, 1/29, 3pm, LIB 264a or Wednesday, 2/27, 3pm, LIB 272
*Indicates service for a fee
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, basement of the Sam Ingram Bldg; requires advance reservation of a 1-hour window per poster during business hours, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., call 615-898-5005
- University Computer Lab at BAS; walk-in self-service with limited technical support
- Blue Print Solutions in the Student Union Building*
- Library Technology Services Desk*
- Biology (for Biology students only)
The abstract list will be available online after Feb. 25, 2019 on the Scholars Week main page. To request a cancellation, please contact Dr. Jamie Burriss (Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu). No changes to abstracts will be made after March 8.