Transfer Evaluation Overview

Transfer evaluations in PipelineMT and Degree Works provide advisors with guidance as to where academic credit is/can be applied, once transcripts are reviewed by an official transcript analyst. However, advisors can request substitutions if they believe a course should fulfill either a major, minor, or general education requirement. If such a situation develops, a substitution form is completed on behalf of the student. Substitution options may vary by college, so refer to the advising manager. Below is a helpful chart to guide the advisor when reviewing transfer evaluation attributions. The example column is to be viewed as a sample only. See the advising manager for specific transfer course questions. Please contact for more information.

  • NOTE: A minimum of 25 percent of credit for each degree awarded by MTSU must be earned through offerings by the University. Typically, a minimum of 30 hours earned through MTSU is required; however, in degree programs of more than 120 semester hours a greater number of hours would be required.

Transfer Equivalenices (TEAM)

T.E.A.M. (Transfer Equivalencies at Middle) is a helpful guide for students and advisors which shows MTSU course equivalencies from hundreds of colleges and universities across the country. If a course does not appear in the list, then an official course equivalency has not been determined by the department yet. Courses and schools will be added to the list as official equivalencies are determined. A class listing on the T.E.A.M. website does not guarantee that it is currently offered at either school. See page for more information on how to use this site. 

TES: Transfer Evaluation System

Use TES to search for course descriptions from a database containing millions of records. Access complete course details, including course title, course code, and credits. View institution profiles, including accreditation, calendar/unit, and more

Course Program of Study (CPoS)

With the implementation of the Course Program of Study (CPoS) reviewing process, an email account was created for advisors to send undergraduate transfer equivalency corrections/new equivalencies so Admissions can update the transfer database and update any student’s record that need correction. The entries will be available in Banner on SHATATR and this will then feed overnight to TEAMS so everyone can see the correct equivalency.

Transient Student Forms

A transient student is enrolled at one school (known as the home institution) who has decided to take classes at another school (known as the host institution). MTSU does not require students to get permission to be a transient student elsewhere. The responsibility is on the student to make sure the classes they take transfer back accordingly. They just have to send their transcript to us once they are done, and if they need financial aid for the transient school they’ll do a consortium agreement with Financial Aid. Advisors are encouraged to help students in selecting the courses but are not to sign off on them. The student will need to go to the One Stop for an official signature. They will need to request an official transcript be sent directly to the MTSU Undergraduate Admissions Office once courses are completed, regardless of grade outcome. Credit cannot be awarded until a transcript is received, which may delay financial aid disbursements.


If you see anything on this site that needs editing, updating, or have suggestions for additions, please email